This antique jewellery box in figured Walnut was manufactured in the early 1860's by the highly respected English cabinetmakers and retailers, Halstaff & Hannaford.
The interior of the box is lined and ruched in peridot green velvet. The interior rims are inlaid with ornate brass corner mounts - a design ‘signature’ of Halstaff & Hannaford.
A brass plate to the rear rim of the box is engraved with 'Halstaff and Hannaford, 228 Regent St. W’.
The Bramah patent lock is stamped with ’S. Mordan & Co’, and comes with its key. ... READ more READ less